Monday, February 16, 2009

What's That??? What's That??? What's That???

This is an addition to the previous post and closer to my intent when I started, but I again got carried away in the details of the story. I believe background information is very important.
A few months before this episode in the car coming home from Idaho Falls I was also in a car jammed in the back with two other passengers traveling to Aberdeen I think it was for our family reunion. The conversation that ensued between me and the person next to me however was quite different to my other story and surprisingly not nearly as annoying although one would have thought it so. "Utt's that?" "A house." "Utt's that?" "A house." "Utt's that?" "Another house." "Utt's that?" "A beautifully looking house with colors of orange and blue and a garage and backyard with lots of grass and some cars parked in the driveway." "Oh,...utt's that?" "A field."....."More field......a lot of fields.....hills.....mountains.....zzzzzz"
I condensed it, but you get the point it was me talking to my nephew Aiden of two years.

Now I don't really mean to be rude to the person who I sat next to on Saturday, but I can't remember a thing that was discussed, other than my question about volleyball at the institute after the brief moment of silence. My conversation with Aiden however, though much more simple, was drastically more enlightening. He got to learn what a house is - that it's a general term for a building a person lives in, there are a lot of them, and they don't all look the same.
Our conversation wasn't just endless talking about nothing, but an actual quest for him to learn, as well as for me (although I won't deny the possibility Aiden was also just having the time of his life knowing he could get an immediate response out of me every time). I learned some interesting things on that trip, but I'll have to save them for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment